Fall is here and that brings cooler weather, Fall Festivals, Halloween events, and more.
Check out these October happenings around town:
- October 7: City of Victorville Fall Festival. 9:00am to 4:00pm at City Hall 14343 Civic Drive. Celebrate the community with live entertainment, craft and food vendors, a kids zone and more. Event is free
- October 7: Chili Cook-off & Salsa Making Contest, 11:00am to 3:00pm at The Wrightwood Community Center, 1275 Hwy 2 Wrightwood. beer garden, Live music by Jarett James and the Country Line, Willys Jeep Rally, Corn Hole Tournament, Jalapeno Eating contest and more
- October 14: Apple Valley Air Show. 9:00am to 3:00pm at Apple Valley Airport. 21600 Corwin Road. Cost: $5. Kids 11 and under are free. Enjoy a family fun day of aerobatics, remote control aircraft, Planes of Fame Museum Warbird Fly-Bys; Napa Auto Parts Carshow, vendors, beer garden and more
- October 21: Paws N’ Claws Pet Fair, 10:00am to 3:00pm at Apple Valley Civic Center Park, 14955 Dale Evans Parkway, Apple Valley. Bring your fur babies to the park for a day for pets. Free parking, free admission, Art Contest, Live music, dog licensing, pet adoptions, low cost vaccine clinic and more.
- October 21: Desert Rocks Film and Music Event. 10:00am to 6:00pm at Cinema West, 9711 9th Ave, Hesperia,
- October 28: Route 103-KVFG 6th Annual Hot Rod Halloween. 2:00pm to 5:00pm at Hesperia Civic Plaza Park, 15833 Smoketree Street. Dress up the kids and bring them out for a day of safe trick or treating, carnival games, dance contest, demonstrations from White Tiger Martial Arts, Car show, food vendors and more.
- Through October 28: Big Bear Lake Oktoberfest. weekends only at the Convention Center of Big Bear Lake, 42900 Big Bear Blvd, Big Bear. Enjoy a genuine Deutsch-style celebration reflecting the spirit of the original Munich Oktoberfest, with authentic food and three German bands will perform a unique blend of traditional German polkas and sing a-longs mixed with classic rock, country hits and dance floor standards
- October 28: Victor Valley Bicycle Tour 7:00am registration and check in. All rides start at Apple Valley Civic Center Park, 14995 Dale Evans Parkway. There is a Century Ride, a Metric Ride, a 25 mile ride and a 10 mile ride. Register by October 8 for early entry fee. “Your child rides for free in the 10 mile Family Fun Ride with your paid registration.
- October 7: Cruise For The Cure, presented by Outlets at Barstow for the benefit of Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Check in is 9:00am. Show starts at 10:00am. Awards presented at 1:00pm. Activities include Opportunity drawings, 50/50 drawing, kids coloring contest and more
- October 8: California City Street Rods Car Show In The Park, 10:00am to 2:00pm at California City Park, 10460 Heather Ave. Coffee & donuts in the morning, goody bags for the first 50 entries. 50/50 drawings, raffles, Bar-B-Que and much more
- October 13: Route 103-KVFG, BBC and Rod French Car Cruise, 5:00pm to 8:00pm at Burgerlicious 21044 Bear Valley Road, Apple Valley. enjoy great food, friends and a live band for the finale of the Burgerlicious Cruise Night with all proceeds going to the VVAPL. (Victor Valley Animal Protective League). There will be a dog costume contest, 50/50 drawing, raffle prizes and more.
- October 13: History In Motion Festival. Be a part of history and watch as the Route 66 Military Convoy rolls into town. The convoy will start at The Route 66 Museum at about 9am, then heading down Route 66 (7th Street) on their way to the fairgrounds for a parade and party at 10am. The community is invited to bring their patriotism, wave flags cheering the convoy honoring our Veterans.
- October 13 & 14: Saturday Night Cruisers Main Street U.S.A. Car Show. 9:00am to 3:00pm on Main Street (Historic Route 66) in Barstow. Open to all cars, Trucks, Motorcycles and Bicycles. Raffle prizes, 50/50 drawing, vendors and more. Friday night enjoy a cruise from Foster’s Freeze at 6:00pm to Skyline Drive-In for a movie classic
- October 21: Rock The Paws 2017, 11:00am to 9:00pm. If you are down in Calimesa stop by The Hitchin’ Post at 35600 Singleton Rd and help raise money for the Rock The Paws Foundation, Dogs are up for adoption, Petting Zoo, Kids Zone, Safe trick or treating and more
- October 28: Route 103-KVFG Hot Rod Halloween. 2:00pm to 5:00pm. Hesperia Civic Plaza Park. Not only a classic car show, but a carnival, vendors, dance contest, costume contest, and most importantly a safe place for the children to trick or treat.
Concerts & Theater Productions:
- October 6, 7 and 8, 12, 13, 14 and 15: Charlotte’s Web, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14 at 7:30pm, 8 & 15 at 2:30pm at Victor Valley College PAC, 18422 Bear Valley Road, The play is adapted from the book by E.B.White, By Joseph Robinette and directed by Ed Heaberlin
- October 7: Music Under The Western Sky, 5:00pm to 9:00pm at Kemper Campbell Ranch, 10 Kemper Campbell Ranch Road in Victorville. dinner, no-host bar, music, raffles, silent auction, proceeds benefit the 55th season of Victor Valley Community Concert Association and student outreach programs
- October 13, 14, 15, 19, 20 & 21: Annie of Green Gables Thursday, Friday & Saturday at 7:00pm, Sunday at 2:00pm Presented at Barstow Community College, 2700 Barstow Road in Barstow.
- October 19: An Evening With Lee Ferrell & Friends, Doors open at 5:30pm, Concert starts at 6:30pm at Victor Valley College PAC, 18422 Bear Valley Road, Victorville. An extraordinary night of entertainment featuring former Righteous Brothers music director/touring Lee Ferrell (father of Will Ferrell) in concert with several of his colleagues from the Righteous Brothers’ band. General Admission$25, VIP tickets $35.
- October 22: 3 Redneck Tenors 2:30pm at Victor Valley College PAC, 18422 Bear Valley Road, Victorville. The Newton T. Bass Family Concert Series presented by Victor Valley Community Concert Association. The 3 Redneck Tenors are a new breed of the “Tenor Genre” thrilling audiences since 2006 with their musical comedy.