A spokesman said Monday that actor Harrison Ford wont face any fines or other punitive action after his close call earlier this year at John Wayne Airport.
An attorney for Harrison Ford said after a complete investigation by the FAA, the actor will get to keep his pilot’s license “without restriction” even though on February 13th, he mistakenly flew low at the airport over an airliner with 110 people aboard.
A few minutes after the low flyby, American Airlines Flight 1456 departed safely for Dallas.
CBS Los Angeles reports a statement from the FAA said they have “completed its investigation.” Officals said that the agency does not comment on cases “involving individual airmen.”
Attorney Stephen Hofer, president of the Aerlex Law Group said in a statement, “In closing the matter, the agency acknowledged Mr. Ford’s long history of compliance with the Federal Aviation Regulations and his cooperative attitude during the investigation.” “Mr. Ford has held a pilot’s certificate for more than 20 years, has logged more than 5,000 hours in the air, and has never been the subject of an FAA administrative or enforcement action.”