Community events for the week of Monday, March 27th, 2017
Here’s what’s going on around the High Desert:
- Now until to March 31st…Home Show Ticket Give Away. It’s time for the finest Home Show event in the Victor Valley. The 33rd Annual High Desert Home & Garden Show at the High Desert Event Center. March 31st to April 2nd . Produced in Association with Victorville Motors and Route 103-KVFG. Call Dawn today at 760-244-2000 and get hooked up with FREE admission tickets.
- For the month of March March Microchip Madness at VVAPL during the entire month of March, the humane society is microchipping pets for only $10.00, which includes implanting the microchip and registration. Microchipping is done at VVAPL 21779 Zuni Road in Apple Valley on Tuesday through Thursday 9:00am to 4:30pm and Friday. And on Saturday 9:00am to 2:30pm. No appointment necessary. No charge to scan a pet to check for a prior microchip or making sure current chip is working properly. For more information call 760-247-2102.
- Tuesday, March 28th to Tuesday, April 4…Apple Valley After School Program Applications process 7:30am on March 28th until 5:30pm on April 4th due to the increasing demands for limited space in the After School Activities Program, the Town of Apple Valley Recreation Department will implement a lottery system for the 2017/2018 school year to provide a safe opportunity to all residents and create a more orderly process. Participants can complete applications online at www.random.org selection will be at random and participants will be notified by April 18. For more information, call the recreation department at 760-240-7880.
- Wednesday, March 29th…Easter Egg-Stravaganza 1:00pm to 3:00pm at Center Street Park 15413 Center St, Victorville. Victor Valley Rescue Mission invites the public to this family friendly event which will feature free Easter baskets, popcorn, jump houses, crafts, live music, and raffles. Call 760-955-5958 or visit www.vvrescuemission.org for more information.
- Thursday, March 30th…2nd Anniversary Celebration of the Apple Valley Legacy Museum 4:30pm at Apple Valley Legacy Museum, Old Bob Hope Cottage, #153, at the Apple Valley Inn, 20601 Hwy 18, Apple Valley. Cost is choice of $5.00 or $10.00 dinner. Live music, speakers, food and raffles. For more info call 760-985-1918.
- Thurs, March 30th to Mon, April 3rd…Circus Vargas-Steam Cirque (Times vary.) At 18435 Bear Valley Road across from Victor Valley College lower campus. Circus Vargas embarks on a brand new epic adventure under the big top! Goggles, gears, and gadgets set the stage for 2017’s retro-futuristic production, Steam Cirque! Go to www.CircusVargas.com for ticket prices and times.
- Friday, March 31st…LifeStream Blood Drive 12:00pm to 4:00pm at Choice Medical Group, 18564 Highway 18, Apple Valley. Donors to receive, while supplies last, a coupon for 4 Jack in the Box tacos, a free cholesterol Screening, mini physical and Life Donor Loyalty points. Donating takes about an hour. Call 800-879-4484 extension 458 for donating requirements.
- Saturday, April 1st…FREE Airplane Rides For Kids 9:30am at the Apple Valley Airport, 21600 Corwin Rd. Apple Valley. The Experimental Aircraft Association’s Young Eagles Chapter 768 will be giving free airplane rides to children 8 to 17 years old. For more information visit www.eea768.org or www.youngeagles.org/programs/youngeagles or Call Jeneace McBurney at 760-963-6393.
- Saturday, April 1st…New Mexico Chili Cook-off and Belen Fiestas 9:00am to 6:00pm at Foglesong Park, 300 S. Avenue G, Barstow. Cost $20.00 to enter chili cookoff contest, $10.00 to enter into the costume contest. The chili cook-off will award prizes to 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. Chihuahua costume contest will be awarded cash prizes for 1st and 2nd place. There will be bounce houses for the kids, and beer for the adults. IT’S FREE for all the family!! Its Cold Cerveza and Hot Chili!!! For information or to be a vendor or sponsor call 760-256-2121.
- Sunday, April 2nd…Comical Wrestling with Micro Wrestling Foundation 6:00pm to 8:00pm at Whiskey Barrel, 12055 Mariposa Rd, Hesperia. Low Budget Rock Entertainment is set to bring gut busting hilarity to Hesperia. A group of little people will be sure to entertain from tag team wrestling matches to “34 inches of comedy.” After the show the ‘world famous micro wrestling after party’ will begin. For ticket and general information call 513-519-3287.
- Sunday, April 2nd…Passport Travel Series 2:30pm at Victor Valley College PAC 18422 Bear Valley Rd, Victorville. This series presents ‘Getting the Shot Without Getting Shot’ with Rick Ray -General admission $20. Seniors and ASB $15. Child $10. Purchase tickets at www.vvc.edu/tix or call 760-245-4271 ext 849.
- Thursday, April 6th…Atomic Jazz 7:00pm at First Baptist Church, 1320 Barstow Road, Barstow. Get ready for a night of Jazz and improv when musicians Tom E. Politzer and Adolfo Acosta from Tower of Power return to Barstow for Barstow Junior High’s Annual Jazz concert. The duo will perform alongside Barstow Junior High Jazzhawks, and Barstow High Jazztecs. Cost $10. For adults, free to children 7 and under. Call 760-255-6105 extension 5210 for more info.
- Friday, April 7th…The 9th Annual Block Walk 9:00am to 12:00pm at Desert Valley Medical Group Foundation Building, 16850 Bear Valley Road, Victorville. Join Route 103-KVFG and DVMG for a healthy hike around the block. Free to Desert Valley Medical Group members and only $5.00 for all others. -first 200 people to register will receive a limited edition Block Walk shirt and goodie bag. There will be health education, vendors, music and fun. For more information call 760-241-8000 extension 8568.
- Now until April 14, 2017…Early Bird Registration for the Superhero 5K registration is now open for the Superhero 5k happening at Civic Plaza Park in Hesperia on April 26, 2017. The Early Bird special has been extended to April 14th. Sign up today and receive an event T-shirt and medal!!! 5k- Adults $25 kids $10. 1k 12 & under $10. Visit https://www.webscorer.com/register?raceid=90085&owner=1
- Victor Valley Chamber of Commerce
- City of Victorville
- City of Victorville Recreation
- Apple Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Apple Valley Town Events
- Hesperia Chamber of Commerce
- Hesperia Recreation & Park events
- High Desert Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
→ Christy is the host of “Mornings with Christy,” Monday – Friday, 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM on Route 103-KVFG Victorville, a CBS Radio station. The Route Roundup is a community events calendar. Follow Route 103 KVFG on Twitter or like Route 103 KVFG on Facebook.