Community events for the week of Monday, March 20th, 2017
Here’s what’s going on around the High Desert:
- March 20th to March 31st…Home Show Ticket Give Away. It’s time for the finest Home Show event in the Victor Valley. The 33rd Annual High Desert Home & Garden Show at the High Desert Event Center. March 31st to April 2nd . Produced in Association with Victorville Motors and Route 103-KVFG. Call Dawn today at 760-244-2000 and get hooked up with FREE admission tickets.
- For the month of March March Microchip Madness at VVAPL during the entire month of March, the humane society is microchipping pets for only $10.00, which includes implanting the microchip and registration. Microchipping is done at VVAPL 21779 Zuni Road in Apple Valley on Tuesday through Thursday 9:00am to 4:30pm and Friday. And on Saturday 9:00am to 2:30pm. No appointment necessary. No charge to scan a pet to check for a prior microchip or making sure current chip is working properly. For more information call 760-247-2102.
- Now until March 22nd…Seeking Sponsors for Community Clean up City of Victorville is seeking sponsors for the April 8th community cleanup project. Sponsors Name is listed on the event t-shirt worn by hundreds of volunteers during the clean up, along with event fliers, posters and advertisements. For more info about sponsorship please call City of Victorville Environmental Programs Division at 760-955-3306. To purchase tickets online visit www.app.arts-people.com or call 760-963-3236.
- Open through March 25, 2017… Science on a Sphere 9:00 am to 5:00pm Tuesday thru Friday, 10:00am to 4:00pm Saturday and Sunday Harvey House 681 N. First Ave, Barstow, CA-$10 adults, $7. Seniors/Military $5. Students with ID-NASA exhibit features a 6 foot spherical display utilizing 4 video projectors to show planetary processes including effects of global climate change and more For more information visit: https://deepspace.jpl.nasa.gov/ http://www.gdscc.nasa.gov/
or contact Margaret Carter (760) 255-5109 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Now until March 24th…Donation Drive for VVAPL Goodwill Southern California Youth Leaders-in Training is holding a donation drive to help The animals at Victor Valley Animal Protective League. Team “Pick For Paws” is collecting Paper towels, bleach, cat food, rubbing alcohol, peroxide, Pedigree dog food and dog treats. Monetary funds will NOT be accepted. Please drop all donations off at the Goodwill Southern California Youth Opportunity Program Located at 16983 Bear Valley Road in Victorville. Call Cheryl Sawyer at 760-780-4970 extension 4874 for additional information.
- Now until March 24th…Registration for Community Clean-Up Volunteers Residents and community members for the City of Hesperia wishing to volunteer for Clean Up Day who complete the registration by March 24th will receive a FREE Clean Up Day T-shirt. Clean up day is April 8, 2017. To register visit www.hesperiacc.com or call 760-244-2135 and state you are with the Hesperia Chamber of Commerce Team.
- Now until end of March…Registration for Community Clean-up Volunteers AV -community service organizations, schools, churches, clubs and individuals are invites to Participate in the Town of Apple Valley Community Clean Up Day April 8 from 8:30am To 12:00 noon. Teams will be provided with trash bags, gloves and assigned areas. Participants will receive Event T-shirts and lunch while supplies last -sign up in advance by calling 760-240-7000 extension 7071.
- Wednesday, March 22nd…Excelsior Charter School Open Enrollment Expo 5:30pm to 7:00pm 18422 Bear Valley Rd Bldg # 11, Victorville. Learn about Excelsior programs such as Educational Team Meetings, ASB, Performing Arts, Band/Guitar, AVID and so much more. Call Excelsior at 760-245-4262 for more details.
- Friday, March 24th…High Desert Homeless Services’ Spring Fling Casino Night 6:00pm to 10:00pm at El Pescador 14144 Green Tree Blvd, Victorville. Cost $25.00 per ticket or 5 for $100.00 with proceeds benefitting the HD Homeless Services Nights festivities include food, a full bar, entertainment, prizes for lucky winners. Call 760-596-9872 or send an email to HDHSJamesW@yahoo.com.
- Friday, March 24th…Special Reception Women Over 50 5:30pm to 8:00pm Victor Valley Museum 11873 Apple Valley Road, Apple Valley. Reception, screening and panel discussion of the documentary Women Over 50. Admission is $25.00 and includes reception & event plus one year San Bernardino County Museum Membership. Swag bags for the first 75 guests. To purchase tickets or get additional info cal 760-240-2111.
- Saturday, March 25th…Homebuyers Workshop 8:00am to 12:00pm 14955 Dale Evans Pkwy, Apple Valley. The Town of Apple Valley and the City of Victorville invite the public to attend one free Homebuyer workshop to get the facts, know what to expect and make the best decision about Purchasing a home. For info contact Town of Apple Valley at 760-240-7000 extension 7028, or City of Victorville Economic Development Dept at 760-955-5032.
- Saturday, March 25th…March of Dimes Night at Ontario Reigns 6:00pm at Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario. March of Dimes has a special ticket pricing for the Ontario Reigns game on March 25th . -Purchase tickets at $20.00 each online at http://tinyurl.com/ReignDimes2017 and use the Promo Code DIMES (may need to create an account) or by contacting Brendan Doyle at 909-912-1080 -for game and this special offer information contact Ricki Hill at 951-892-7928 or email at email@example.com.
- Sunday, March 26th…LifeStream Blood Drive 9:00am to 1:00pm at Sunrise Church 13495 Arrowhead Dr. Victorville. Visit https://lstream.org/ for more information or call High Desert Donor Center (Victorville) 760.843.9700. Give Hope, Give Life, Give Blood.
- Sunday, March 26th…Parade of Pianos Fundraiser 2:00pm to 3:30pm at the High Desert Center for Spiritual Living, 18575 Corwin Road, Apple Valley. Admission is $15.00, though children and students are free. For more information call 760-961-0611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuesday, March 28th to Tuesday, April 4…Apple Valley After School Program Applications process 7:30am on March 28th until 5:30pm on April 4th due to the increasing demands for limited space in the After School Activities Program, the Town of Apple Valley Recreation Department will implement a lottery system for the 2017/2018 school year to provide a safe opportunity to all residents and create a more orderly process. Participants can complete applications online at www.random.org selection will be at random and participants will be notified by April 18. For more information, call the recreation department at 760-240-7880.
- Wednesday, March 29th…Easter Egg-Stravaganza 1:00pm to 3:00pm at Center Street Park 15413 Center St, Victorville. Victor Valley Rescue Mission invites the public to this family friendly event which will feature free Easter baskets, popcorn, jump houses, crafts, live music, and raffles. Call 760-955-5958 or visit www.vvrescuemission.org for more information.
- Thursday, March 30th…2nd Anniversary Celebration of the Apple Valley Legacy Museum 4:30pm at Apple Valley Legacy Museum, Old Bob Hope Cottage, #153, at the Apple Valley Inn, 20601 Hwy 18, Apple Valley. Cost is choice of $5.00 or $10.00 dinner. Live music, speakers, food and raffles. For more info call 760-985-1918.
- Victor Valley Chamber of Commerce
- City of Victorville
- City of Victorville Recreation
- Apple Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Apple Valley Town Events
- Hesperia Chamber of Commerce
- Hesperia Recreation & Park events
- High Desert Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
→ Christy is the host of “Mornings with Christy,” Monday – Friday, 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM on Route 103-KVFG Victorville, a CBS Radio station. The Route Roundup is a community events calendar. Follow Route 103 KVFG on Twitter or like Route 103 KVFG on Facebook.