Community events for the week of Monday, March 13th, 2017
Here’s what’s going on around the High Desert:
- For the month of March- March Microchip Madness at VVAPL during the entire month of March, the humane society is microchipping pets for only $10.00, which includes implanting the microchip and registration. Microchipping is done at VVAPL 21779 Zuni Road in Apple Valley on Tuesday through Thursday 9:00am to 4:30pm and Friday. And on Saturday 9:00am to 2:30pm. No appointment necessary. No charge to scan a pet to check for a prior microchip or making sure current chip is working properly. For more information call 760-247-2102
- Now until March 18…Early Bird Registration for the Superhero 5K-registration is now open for the Superhero 5k happening at Civic Plaza Park in Hesperia on April 26, 2017. Get the early bird price by signing up today.5k- Adults $25 kids $10. 1k 12 & under $10.-visit https://www.webscorer.com/register?raceid=90085&owner=1
- Open through March 25, 2017… Science on a Sphere 9:00 am to 5:00pm Tuesday thru Friday, 10:00am to 4:00pm Saturday and Sunday Harvey House 681 N. First Ave, Barstow, CA-$10 adults, $7. Seniors/Military $5. Students with ID-NASA exhibit features a 6 foot spherical display utilizing 4 video projectors to show planetary processes including effects of global climate change and more For more information visit: https://deepspace.jpl.nasa.gov/ http://www.gdscc.nasa.gov/
or contact Margaret Carter (760) 255-5109 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Now until the middle of March…Seeking Sponsors for Community Clean up-City of Victorville is seeking sponsors for the April 8th community cleanup project. Sponsors name is listed on the event t-shirt worn by hundreds of volunteers during the clean up, along with event fliers, posters and advertisements.-for more info about sponsorship lease call City of Victorville Environmental Programs Division at 760-955-3306.
- Now until March 16, 2017…Early Bird Tickets on Sale for Ignite HD Tickets are available for the 3rd Annual Ignite HD at the early bird price of only $15.00. Ignite High Desert showcases the community’s movers, shakers, creators, thinkers, innovators, doers and dreamers, in a fast paced format designed to inspire. To purchase your tickets for this April 20th event call the Chamber office at 760-244-2135 Or visit www.ignitehighdesert.com.
- Now until March 24th…Donation Drive for VVAPL Goodwill Southern California Youth Leaders-in Training is holding a donation drive to help The animals at Victor Valley Animal Protective League. Team “Pick For Paws” is collecting Paper towels, bleach, cat food, rubbing alcohol, peroxide, Pedigree dog food and dog treats. Monetary funds will NOT be accepted. Please drop all donations off at the Goodwill Southern California Youth Opportunity Program Located at 16983 Bear Valley Road in Victorville. Call Cheryl Sawyer at 760-780-4970 extension 4874 for additional information.
- Now until March 19th…Kids Kamp Spring 2017 Registration Register online now for the March 20 to March 24 Spring Kids Kamp through Hesperia Recreation and Park District. Lime Street Park Community Center 16292 Lime St. Open for ages 5 to 14 from 6:00am to 6:00pm. Online registration is $63 for the week. Walk-in is $75 for the week. Visit www.hesperiaparks.com to register or call 760-244-7518.
- Now until March 24th…Registration for Community Clean-Up Volunteers Residents and community members for the City of Hesperia wishing to volunteer for Clean Up Day who complete the registration by March 24th will receive a FREE Clean Up Day T-shirt. Clean up day is April 8, 2017. To register visit www.hesperiacc.com or call 760-244-2135 and state you are with the Hesperia Chamber of Commerce Team.
- Now until end of March…Registration for Community Clean-up Volunteers AV -community service organizations, schools, churches, clubs and individuals are invites to Participate in the Town of Apple Valley Community Clean Up Day April 8 from 8:30am To 12:00 noon. Teams will be provided with trash bags, gloves and assigned areas. Participants will receive Event T-shirts and lunch while supplies last -sign up in advance by calling 760-240-7000 extension 7071.
- Monday, March 13th…Jekyll & Hyde The Musical Monday 7:00pm at High Desert Center for The Arts 15615 8th St, Victorville. To purchase tickets call: 760-50-SHOWS that’s 760-507-4697.
- March 16th…Phelan Pinon Hills Senior Health Fair 10:00am to 1:00pm at Serrano High School 9292 Sheep Creek Road, Phelan. Free and open to anyone over 50 as well as caregivers. Free lunch provided along with access to vendor and information booths, health screenings, numerous raffles and a grand prize raffle. Vendors include St. Mary Medical Center and Heritage Victor Valley medical Group. For more information call 760-868-1212.
- Friday, March 17th…St. Patrick’s Day Dinner 4:00pm at the Apple Valley Chamber of Commerce. 16010 Apple Valley Rd, Apple Valley. The American Legion Auxiliary Unit 256 will be the host for this corned beef and cabbage dinner. There will be a white elephant auction. Cost $10.00. Call Judy Samples at 760-247-8915 for more information.
- Friday & Saturday, March 17th & 18th…Jekyll & Hyde The Musical Friday 7:30p, Saturday 7:00pm at High Desert Center for The Arts 15615 8th St, Victorville. To purchase tickets call: 760-50-SHOWS – 760-507-4697.
- Saturday, March 18th…Dog License & Vaccination Clinic 9:00am to 12:00pm at Adelanto City Hall 11600 Air Expressway, Adelanto. To have your dog licensed it must be vaccinated. Licenses and vaccines are sold separately. Cash only for vaccinations. The first 50 pets of Adelanto residents will receive microchips FREE of charge (proof of residence required, ie:utility bill) from VVAPL. $10.00 for non residents and pets after the first 50 are given out. Call 760-247-2102 for microchip details -call 760-246-2300 for more information.
- Saturday, March 18th…A Run In The Park 3K/5K 7:30am check in. 8:01am run starts at Eagle Ranch Park 12587 Eagle Ranch Parkway, Victorville. Register at Hook Community Center, call 760-245-5551 or online www.VictorvilleRec.com. It doesn’t matter if you’re a runner or not. Motivate yourself and have some fun. We provide water, music, a cool local bib and more.
- Saturday & Sunday, March 18th & 19th…The High Desert Pirate Renaissance Fair 10:00am to 6:00pm at Hesperia Lake Park 7500 Arrowhead Lake Rd, Hesperia. The Pirate Fair will be celebrating the Golden Age of Pirates, with much Revelry & Merry Making. Fun for all ages. Face Painting, Games to play, Stage Acts to enjoy, Battles between Pirates, Food from the four corners of the known world, Ale, Wine & Mead and there may even be a trial of a Pirate. Many Merchants with wonderful items to purchase. For ticket information call 760-684-0387 or visit www.HDPiratesFaire.com.
- Friday, March 24th…High Desert Homeless Services’ Spring Fling Casino Night 6:00pm to 10:00pm at El Pescador 14144 Green Tree Blvd, Victorville. Cost $25.00 per ticket or 5 for $100.00 with proceeds benefitting the HD Homeless Services Nights festivities include food, a full bar, entertainment, prizes for lucky winners. Call 760-596-9872 or send an email to HDHSJamesW@yahoo.com.
- Victor Valley Chamber of Commerce
- City of Victorville
- City of Victorville Recreation
- Apple Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Apple Valley Town Events
- Hesperia Chamber of Commerce
- Hesperia Recreation & Park events
- High Desert Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
→ Christy is the host of “Mornings with Christy,” Monday – Friday, 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM on Route 103-KVFG Victorville, a CBS Radio station. The Route Roundup is a community events calendar. Follow Route 103 KVFG on Twitter or like Route 103 KVFG on Facebook.