Community events for the week of Monday, March 6th, 2017
Here’s what’s going on around the High Desert:
- For the month of March- March Microchip Madness at VVAPL during the entire month of March, the humane society is microchipping pets for only $10.00, which includes implanting the microchip and registration. Microchipping is done at VVAPL 21779 Zuni Road in Apple Valley on Tuesday through Thursday 9:00am to 4:30pm and Friday. And on Saturday 9:00am to 2:30pm. No appointment necessary. No charge to scan a pet to check for a prior microchip or making sure current chip is working properly. For more information call 760-247-2102
- Now until March 18…Early Bird Registration for the Superhero 5K-registration is now open for the Superhero 5k happening at Civic Plaza Park in Hesperia on April 26, 2017. Get the early bird price by signing up today.5k- Adults $25 kids $10. 1k 12 & under $10.-visit https://www.webscorer.com/register?raceid=90085&owner=1
- Open through March 25, 2017… Science on a Sphere 9:00 am to 5:00pm Tuesday thru Friday, 10:00am to 4:00pm Saturday and Sunday Harvey House 681 N. First Ave, Barstow, CA-$10 adults, $7. Seniors/Military $5. Students with ID-NASA exhibit features a 6 foot spherical display utilizing 4 video projectors to show planetary processes including effects of global climate change and more For more information visit: https://deepspace.jpl.nasa.gov/ http://www.gdscc.nasa.gov/
or contact Margaret Carter (760) 255-5109 or email@example.com
- Now until the middle of March…Seeking Sponsors for Community Clean up-City of Victorville is seeking sponsors for the April 8th community cleanup project. Sponsors name is listed on the event t-shirt worn by hundreds of volunteers during the clean up, along with event fliers, posters and advertisements.-for more info about sponsorship lease call City of Victorville Environmental Programs Division at 760-955-3306.
- Now until March 16, 2017…Early Bird Tickets on Sale for Ignite HD Tickets are available for the 3rd Annual Ignite HD at the early bird price of only $15.00. Ignite High Desert showcases the community’s movers, shakers, creators, thinkers, innovators, doers and dreamers, in a fast paced format designed to inspire. To purchase your tickets for this April 20th event call the Chamber office at 760-244-2135 Or visit www.ignitehighdesert.com.
- Now until March 19th…Kids Kamp Spring 2017 Registration Register online now for the March 20 to March 24 Spring Kids Kamp through Hesperia Recreation and Park District. Lime Street Park Community Center 16292 Lime St. Open for ages 5 to 14 from 6:00am to 6:00pm. Online registration is $63 for the week. Walk-in is $75 for the week. Visit www.hesperiaparks.com to register or call 760-244-7518.
- Now until March 24th…Registration for Community Clean-Up Volunteers Residents and community members for the City of Hesperia wishing to volunteer for Clean Up Day who complete the registration by March 24th will receive a FREE Clean Up Day T-shirt. Clean up day is April 8, 2017. To register visit www.hesperiacc.com or call 760-244-2135 and state you are with the Hesperia Chamber of Commerce Team.
- Tuesday, March 7th…Hire Live Career Fair 9:00am to 12:30pm at Double Tree Hotel, 222 N. Vineyard Ave, Ontario. For career seekers and candidates. Come meet with hiring managers from local, national, and Fortune 500 companies for free at our Inland Empire Job Fair. Recommended to bring 10-15 resumes and dress in business attire. Free entry and parking. Call 949-599-1870 for more info. Or visit www.hirelive.com.
- Tuesday, March 7th…Forum for Apple Valley Choice Energy –session #1 at 2:00pm, session # 2 at 6:00pm at Apple Valley Conference Center 14975 Dale Evans Pkwy., Apple Valley. To learn about the Choice Energy program, it’s benefits and all the choices available, the public is invited to attend this forum. A brief Q & A will be offered after presentation. For more information call 760-240-7000 extension 7522 or visit www.AVChoiceEnergy.com.
- Saturday, March 11th…The 4th Annual Rockabilly Anniversary Extravaganza 12:00pm to 5:00pm at Top Hat Barbershop 15432 Bear Valley Rd., Victorville. Festivities will include a car and bike show, live music, a pin-up contest, vendors and more. Cost is free, call 760-995-4047 for additional info.
- Saturday, March 11th…Annual Always Value Our Children Awards Dinner 5:00pm at Apple Valley Conference Center, 14955 Dale Evans Parkway in Apple Valley. $75.00 ticket price includes dinner, no-host beer and wine bar. The Optimist Club of Apple Valley will recognize retired Col. George Armstrong for his work with youth and Cliff Earp for his work in the community. All profits raised will go toward Optimist Club youth programs. For info call Vicki Murray at 760-954-6606 or Ben and Sandy at 760-887-7379.
- Saturday, March 11th…Book Signing Event with local Resident Teresa Steele 11:00am at Barnes & Noble in the Mall of Victor Valley, 14400 Bear Valley Rd, Victorville. Local resident Teresa Steele will hold a book signing/reading event for her children’s book “Freddy The Little Mouse Went To Far.” Get your children excited about books.
- Saturday, March 11th…2017 Women’s Expo 9:00am to 3:00pm at The High Desert Events Center 14800 Seventh St. Victorville. Activities include seminars on make-up, fashion, finance, and lifestyle. A salon section for haircuts, manicures, facials, and eyebrow waxing. Classes for Zumba lessons, yoga, jazzercise and more. Free parking and admission.
- Friday, March 10th thru Sunday, March 12th…41st Annual Stoddard Wells Rock Hound “Tailgate” from 9:00am to 5:00pm at Victor Valley Gem and Mineral Club on Stoddard Wells Rd 7 miles east of Dale Evans Parkway. (map provided at www.vvgmc.org) The FREE event will feature vendors selling handcrafted and faceted jewelry, slabs and cabs, findings and equipment, minerals, fossils and tons of material. Public is invited. There will be spots for dry camping, food, drinks, and a silent auction -There will be a field trip on Saturday 9:00am to 1:00pm. For details and direction visit www.vvgmc.org or call 760-243-2330.
- Friday, March 10th, Saturday, March 11th and Monday, March 13th…Jekyll & Hyde The Musical Friday 7:30p, Saturday 2:00pm and 7:30pm, Monday 7:00pm -held at High Desert Center for The Arts 15615 8th St, Victorville. -to purchase tickets call: 760-50-SHOWS that’s 760-507-4697.
- Saturday, March 11th…Apple Valley Little League Kickoff Celebrating 60th Anniversary from 10:00am to 4:30pm at James Woody Park and Community Center. 13467 Navajo, Apple Valley. Featuring vendors selling Tupperware, jewelry, hair bows, books, sports themed items and more. Food vendors available. An array of special guests to make appearance, including a special flag presentation. Activities include a laser tag arena, two 55-foot video game trailers and more. The MLB Jr. Home Run Derby and MLB Hit & Run competitions. For more information call: 760-247-5441.
- Sunday, March 12th…Passport Travel Series 2:30pm at Victor Valley College 18422 Bear Valley Road, Victorville. Featured discussion is presented by Steve McCurdy “Scenes From An Italian Journey.” Tickets available by visiting www.vvc.edu/tix and ticket info you can also call 760-245-4271 extension 849.
- Victor Valley Chamber of Commerce
- City of Victorville
- City of Victorville Recreation
- Apple Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Apple Valley Town Events
- Hesperia Chamber of Commerce
- Hesperia Recreation & Park events
- High Desert Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
→ Christy is the host of “Mornings with Christy,” Monday – Friday, 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM on Route 103-KVFG Victorville, a CBS Radio station. The Route Roundup is a community events calendar. Follow Route 103 KVFG on Twitter or like Route 103 KVFG on Facebook.